Yesterday morning when I was taking my daughter to school, I did something that I do fairly often; I got annoyed. I am a fairly patient person most of the time. In fact, one of my hubby's friend's says I am a saint. However, get me behind the wheel of a car and suddenly my sainthood goes on vacation... Really, although I get annoyed, I am still not what I would call an entirely insane driver, my road rage is self contained in my car..
http://media.photobucket.com/image/grrrrr/meurrenske/grrrrr.gif?o=11
Anyways, this morning, the driver in front of me was taking a left from the express way onto Beltline (it will never be called Randy whatever beltline by me!) and the guy drove on the line between the expressway lane and the turn lane for like EVAAAR! It wasn't even a Toyota, I will write on my theory on that later! I told my daughter "I hate it when people do that! (then with a stereotypical hillbilly accent mimicking them) 'I think I'll just stay here in the middle for a bit' "
My daughter chuckled and asked me "mom, why do you do that?"
To which I replied "Well, it is annoying!"
Then she said "yea, but why do you give them accents?"...
This kind of took me by surprise because I do it often and almost always give them accents... I told her "I guess I do it because it seems like something a hillbilly would do or something"... lol
Later, I was telling my older daughter this story and that I didn't know why I gave them accents and she said to me, "it's just part your charm, mom"
Did I mention that I have great kids who are sweet and bright! It amazes me how they can make me look at myself and reflect on the things I say or do. I am grateful for them everyday, even on the days I want to give them away, I am still grateful for them.

No comments:
Post a Comment