Self Centered
"engrossed in the self, with little regard for others"
Why? Why is that the definition of those 2 words together? Self simply is "The distinct individuality or identity of a person or thing". Centered (amongst many other definitions) means "mentally and emotionally confident, focused, and well balanced"
So then, shouldn't it be a good thing when a person is self centered? I think we all should change the current definition of self centered. I propose we all strive to be "well balanced individuals".. the new definition..
http://media.photobucket.com/image/centered/StageThisPhotography/Centered-Print-C13451961.jpg?o=89
It is no wonder that the American English language is so hard to learn with things like this... Not to mention the many multiple definitions to so many words... I feel bad for people trying to learn all the words, slangs, sayings, meanings, etc... I mean, for those of us who grew up here, we even sometimes have trouble with our own language... Imagine trying to learn it from scratch from where you are right now in your lives... And yet, so many do learn it, fairly well, in fact... It amazes me... I know a lot of people don't or they prefer to talk in their native languages, especially around those that speak their native language.. I know a lot of people who grew up in America get annoyed that those people haven't "learned the language" of the country they are living in... But really, I don't blame them so much for that, especially considering how hard it is and how intolerant some Americans can be about it... Anyways... thats it for now.. My random thought for the night.

Very well done. It is like the word Gay. I mean, why shouldn't we all be gay. I love being gay... When I wake up in the morning, and the day just seems perfect, the kids are having a wonderful time. It is just the best. I feel totally gay.
ReplyDeleteI don't see why people have to harp on other gay people. I frankly makes me very un-gay. Stop messing with other people's good time, go get your own gay on. In the meantime, I want to have a gay old time with you my love.