BIENVENUTI.. (That's Italian for Welcome)

I have been married, 13 years as of 2010. I have 3 unbelievably wonderful, amazing children. I decided to start a blog because, quite often, I seem to have a hard time shutting off my brain.

I drive my husband nuts at night because I talk and talk and talk... I figured maybe if I typed it out, instead, that my poor husband might not get such an ear full at bed.. He can read it on here if he is so inclined..

My thoughts seem to be pretty random. To most people it seems like I jump around with no rhyme or reason. There usually is a track my mind has taken from getting to point A to point Z or where ever it may stop in between!..


Anyways, I hope someone finds my Random Ramblings interesting, aside from myself. Thanks for coming by!

Monday, May 23, 2011

What to do?

Trying to decide what to do. I think I want to go back to school, but don't know what for. I suppose I should talk to someone at the college and see what my options are. I think I would enjoy Occupational Therapy, but the local college only has a Physical Therapy program.. I gotta do something though... Get a new job or go to school to get a new job, doesn't really matter as long as I change direction from where I am... I love working with elderly people. I hate stupid politics that come from the office.. I don't understand why they continue to hire people when there are many people who work for them, already, that aren't getting as many hrs as they would like.. Including me! I hate feeling like crap every time I read the stupid news letter. It makes me feel even worse that I am not as happy for the people who get recognized, as I should be... I want to go to work and enjoy it, not feel used, abused, and a lot of times guilty... Guilty? yes... Although, my work charges about the same as a lot of other companies that provide the same service, it is still for an elite population... I suppose this is sort of out of my control because, like I said, my work doesn't really charge more than other companies, but still... There is no reason for me to feel used and abused though... I dunno where I wanna go from here. I really don't.. I just know that I don't want to be here, in this position, any more... When I first started working there 5 years ago, my husband had a good paying job and I didn't NEED to be working but for now, *I* am the main bread winner. Otherwise, they would have had my 2 weeks notice a while ago... I don't get paid nearly enough, don't have any benefits AT ALL, no paid time off, or overtime... Yet, year after year, I have put up with what they dish out...

When I last went to college, I took a poetry course and there was a poem in the text book, that I wish I could find again. In the poem there was a line that went something like "don't let people walk all over you and leave footprints on your forehead"... I had that book for a long long time, I might still have it packed away somewhere, hope I do.. It was a great poem... 

Anyways, I suppose that is enough "poor me" for now. I hope all is well with everyone else...

No comments:

Post a Comment