It has been a little while since I have blogged... Blogging is a blast and I love doing it but it does take a bit of concentration so that what you say makes sense... What has been going on in my life? Well, my hubby has been coming off of some meds that he has taken for about 10 years...
About 12 years ago he was in a car accident. He was at a stop in a 55 zone because of a very small unremarkable accident in front of him... There was a girl coming up behind him that didn't see what was going on because she was putting make up on. Therefore, she hit him at 55 mph while he was sitting there. The impact totaled our car. It didn't look bad from the outside but the bolts holding the back seat in the car, were stripped and the engine was killed as well... My hubby's head hyper extended backwards over the head rest and resulted in all the fascia in his upper back being torn.. We have always been very grateful that our 3 month old baby wasn't in the back because the chances of her surviving would have been slim to none...
My hubby was down for a bit to recover. Eventually he went to physical therapy. However, because of inactivity while he was down, we learned he had a birth defect that results in bone loss of his lower back.. Every time he went to PT for his upper back, it would kill his lower back and vice versa.. Obviously, he had pain meds... Those started to make him sick so the Dr. suggested a couple of alternatives of which my hubby (always thinking ahead) chose the one that cost the least, in case we lost our ins - which we eventually did.
In any case, he recently decided to give up the pain meds to see just what kind of shape his back was in.. Also because over the years he has lost some time, probably due to the meds.. By that I mean he has periods of time that he can't remember and such... The withdrawals have been harsh at times.. I am amazed he has done so well but I wouldn't want him to go through it again... I am so proud of him though. He is an amazing individual that has overcome many things that a lot of others would not have been able to. I love him so much and I hope that when all is said and done, that we find that his back is not as bad as feared and that he can live his life better than he could while medicated... at least to the extent that he was...
No comments:
Post a Comment