BIENVENUTI.. (That's Italian for Welcome)

I have been married, 13 years as of 2010. I have 3 unbelievably wonderful, amazing children. I decided to start a blog because, quite often, I seem to have a hard time shutting off my brain.

I drive my husband nuts at night because I talk and talk and talk... I figured maybe if I typed it out, instead, that my poor husband might not get such an ear full at bed.. He can read it on here if he is so inclined..

My thoughts seem to be pretty random. To most people it seems like I jump around with no rhyme or reason. There usually is a track my mind has taken from getting to point A to point Z or where ever it may stop in between!..


Anyways, I hope someone finds my Random Ramblings interesting, aside from myself. Thanks for coming by!

Thursday, December 30, 2010

My favorite word is...

WEIRD! The word weird breaks one of the biggest spelling rules of all time; "I before E except after C". My second favorite word isn't actually a rule breaker but more of a rule bender.. CAFFEINE!  Technically the 'ei' is after a 'c' but not immediately so.Looks like DEITY  fits the bill too! I wonder what a weird deity on a lot of caffeine would look like?...


I like words to have meaning. For instance when naming something, I like it when the name means something. Lets take the name of my blog address. I named it the way I did for 2 reasons; 1) each of the words has the word 'pen' in it, and 2) because of the actual meaning of the words themselves.

Alpenglow
–noun
a reddish glow often seen on the summits of mountains just before sunrise or just after sunset.

Compendia (plural of compendium)
1.a brief treatment or account of a subject, esp. an extensive subject; concise treatise: a compendium of medicine.
2.a summary, epitome, or abridgment.
3.a full list or inventory: a compendium of their complaints.

~ So... Now you know! ~
 

No comments:

Post a Comment