I really like baked potatoes!
I wonder though, what toppings a person chooses says about that person? I also wondered if people who read my blog could guess what I choose to put on my potatoes? Now, you might be thinking that that is ridiculous. How could someone guess just by reading a blog, what a person puts on their potato? Well, if you think about it, it really isn't all that ridiculous. We make judgments about people all the time, even those who we have never met. It is said that it is hard to read peoples emotions and the true tone of a post... I don't think it is as hard as people say, even for those people. In a post, you don't have inflection of voice like you would even over a phone. You don't have any facial expressions to go with it either... However, I think that when posts are made online, particularly somewhat anonymously, people are more honest with their words. Therefore, the other indicators of mood or tone are not as needed.
Back to potatoes! I thought about asking people what they thought I put on my baked potatoes but then I realized that I only know of 2 people who read my blog.. So far only one of those 2 people have commented (Thank you Kim). So I will just go ahead and tell you. Now, a warning, my kids think it is really gross so others might as well.. I take no responsibility for anyone who can't handle it! I like a lot of stuff. In no particular order of absolute necessity... but must have the 1st 3!
1. Sour Cream
2. Shredded Cheese
3. Salsa
4. Cottage Cheese
5. Sauteed onions and mushrooms.
With all of the above I don't really need butter, salt and pepper but sometimes I throw those on as well. My potatoes look more like some sort of soup with a potato in the middle somewhere... Kind of like 'baked potato surprise'... lol.. Anyways, maybe I will add a picture some time...
By the way, baked potato bars rock! They are fun and easy for parties too.. Just get a bunch of potatoes and either throw them in the oven, or microwave... Set up a bunch of toppings for people to choose from and let them have at it... What do you like on your baked potato?
BIENVENUTI.. (That's Italian for Welcome)
I have been married, 13 years as of 2010. I have 3 unbelievably wonderful, amazing children. I decided to start a blog because, quite often, I seem to have a hard time shutting off my brain.
I drive my husband nuts at night because I talk and talk and talk... I figured maybe if I typed it out, instead, that my poor husband might not get such an ear full at bed.. He can read it on here if he is so inclined..
My thoughts seem to be pretty random. To most people it seems like I jump around with no rhyme or reason. There usually is a track my mind has taken from getting to point A to point Z or where ever it may stop in between!..
Anyways, I hope someone finds my Random Ramblings interesting, aside from myself. Thanks for coming by!
I drive my husband nuts at night because I talk and talk and talk... I figured maybe if I typed it out, instead, that my poor husband might not get such an ear full at bed.. He can read it on here if he is so inclined..
My thoughts seem to be pretty random. To most people it seems like I jump around with no rhyme or reason. There usually is a track my mind has taken from getting to point A to point Z or where ever it may stop in between!..
Anyways, I hope someone finds my Random Ramblings interesting, aside from myself. Thanks for coming by!
haha, i was actually going to guess salsa!! but would not have guessed all of that on one potato, lol. i love cheese and sour cream (but on basically anything, lol) but i have to say i have never tried salsa on it. my friend nat loves them that way though. i will have to see what kind of salsa you prefer on it.. i am for sure willing to try it. BUT, i have a weird thing with salsa. i used to eat the jar stuff.. but then i had fresh salsa that my step-dad makes.. and it has RUINED me on jar salsa!! it totally sucks to me now, so i don't really ever eat it. and mushrooms... forget it, those are so gross :P
ReplyDeleteoh, i have also never had cottage cheese on a baked potato. weird though, i LOVEEEE crinkle cut french fries with cottage cheese!! do you eat that too? :)
ReplyDeleteI like the Pace mild salsa.. You don't like mushrooms!?! That is ok.. a lot of people don't, I love them.. always have. I remember my mom was always worried that I would go out and eat them out of the yard... She made sure to teach me not to, but it didn't stop her from worrying. lol
ReplyDeleteNo, I have never tried Cottage cheese with my fries... With my fries I mix up some ketchup with sour cream and pepper and dip them in that... YUM... My favorite fast food fries used to be Wendy's but then they started with this natural cut "option".. I went there the other day and guess what? They have discontinued the old fries and that "option" for natural cut is now the only option... AT the more expensive price, I might add... I was so bummed... Actually, that reminds me, I am going to go find Wendy's on FB and totally post, every day, how annoyed, disappointed, and irritated that whole thing makes me... Maybe they will bring back my old un-naturally cut fries... lol Although I suppose on the upside of that there is always the fact that I might lose a little weight since I won't be eating as many fries...
i have not had those wendys fries yet! they were pretty much my fav fast food fries. i tink they changed them here, without even the option :( i dont know how the new ones are, but i am not a crispy fry person.. i like then mushy-ish on the inside. so if the new ones arent like that then nevermind, lol. i am going to have to check wendys fb to see your complaint, haha :)
ReplyDeleteand yep.. mushrooms are gross!!! i dont mind the actual flavor in things, so it might be a texture thing. i have hated them since i was little, and i have even tried them at random times as an adult, but i still hate them, lol.
Exactly on the mushy on the inside... The new ones aren't horrible, they just don't compare at all to the old ones... If I want natural cut fries, there is a Carl's Jr. nearby that have the best ones around here.. Won't get the Wendy's ones... Partly just because of irritation... Also, it would feel like I was betraying my old fries that I enjoyed so much.. : )
ReplyDelete