Jordis Unga came in at 5th place in the competition... She was, by far, my favorite female preformer on the show. She has an almost raw, smokey, voice that draws you in.. Below is the video of her doing Imagine. Generally speaking, the original of a song is always better than a cover of it. For some reason, Jordis singing this song almost brought me to tears because it was so heartfelt, I think...
.
I enjoyed just about all of Jordis's performances, although she did kinda butcher Aerosmiths Dream On... but I think it is just because his voice reaches higher than hers in parts of that song. She was in a girly band for a while, sometime after the show.. I am not sure that they are actually together anymore though.. I kind of like her voice solo anyways.. The next video is her singing The Man Who Sold The World.
One of my favorites of her songs, though, is called Try Not, I think it is a Jordis Original
i just have to say... i tend to really dislike when anyone even attempts to redo that song, but i loved her singing it! i am going to watch the other song too. that stupid little david archaletta from idol did a TERRIBLE version of imagine and people seemed to love it.. but i personally think he butchered it. i really like this chicks voice, and the way she did imagine.. changed it a bit to suit her.. but did a beautiful version :)
ReplyDelete-kim
I also loved her version of Gimme Some Loving. So many big stars have covered it but, for me, none come close to the quality of her version. It may be even better than the original. Where on earth is she now? So much talent! Did she have personal issues which held her back? What a loss for the rest of us if she's not putting it out there.
ReplyDeleteSorry it took so long to publish your comment, been kinda busy..
ReplyDeleteYea, she was really good.. She is still around, she joined a girl group for a bit but I think that fell apart.. She is on fb and ms.. She posts quite a bit of fb, don't know about ms anymore, I never log in there..
Thanks for taking time to read my blog, even if it was just this one.. I always appreciate it when people read them and especially when they comment.. So thanks!